Marco Polo – The Italian School of Sydney is an after-hours language school based in Bossley Park, providing a range of quality Italian language teaching and cultural programs for K-12 and adult learners.
Applications are invited from qualified individuals for the following casual position:
Italian Community Language Teacher, commencing Semester 1, 2023
The successful applicant will demonstrate the following attributes and capabilities:
- have a sound understanding of language teaching and learning skills and requirements for school-aged and adult learners
- possess teaching or tutoring experience of the Italian Language
- be committed to improving educational outcomes for learners of Italian
- be confident in differentiating the curriculum in the classroom
- be a reflective professional engaged in ongoing educational development
- be committed to supporting student wellbeing and community engagement
As a teacher with Marco Polo – The Italian School of Sydney, you are expected to:
- arrange your own transport to and from the school to conduct face-to-face teaching
- prepare and deliver quality lessons that enhance language learning, including through the use of technology
- mark tasks and provide targeted, meaningful feedback
- work collaboratively with staff and students in a flexible and competent manner
- closely monitor and report on student progress and attendance
Applicants should send a CV and cover letter, including details of qualifications and experience and names of three (3) referees.
Executive Officer: Mr Giovanni Testa
Please email all applications directly to the email above.
NB. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Successful candidates must provide a Working with Children Check.
Applications Close: 15 January 2023