Nominations for the 2023 edition of the Marco Polo Award for Excellence in Italian Language and Culture are now open!
Teachers of Italian in NSW are invited to submit their nominations using this Nomination Form by no later than midnight on 12 November 2023.
The Marco Polo Award is established by Marco Polo – The Italian School of Sydney to support the quality of teaching and learning of Italian across schools in NSW. The main purpose of the Award is to reward and encourage the further academic proficiency and study of Italian language and culture in NSW.
Nominations are to be made by teachers in public, catholic, independent or other recognised community language schools across NSW. Each school may submit up to THREE nominations. All nominations are to be submitted using the official Nomination Form by Midnight on 12 November 2023.
Late nominations may be accepted at the discretion of the Board. If late nominations are accepted, notice will be communicated to the teachers making the nomination.
A. The Award
- The Award is known as “The Marco Polo Award for Excellence in Italian Language and Culture in NSW Schools” (the Award).
- The Award may be made annually to any student in Year 6 to Year 12 who has studied Italian in NSW schools (public, catholic, independent or other recognised community language school) in the year the award is conferred.
- The Award recognises students who have made the most progress in learning or demonstrated a level of excellence in Italian.
- The Award is awarded by the Board of Marco Polo – The Italian School of Sydney, in consultation with any teaching staff or members of the community selected to assess the merits of each application received.
- The Board of Marco Polo – The Italian School of Sydney is not bound to grant the Award in a particular year if there is no candidate of sufficient merit or if the Board determines so.
- The Award comprises the following:
a. ONE Award for the monetary prize of $250.
b. Up to FIVE other non-monetary Awards may be made annually, including commendations or special mentions at the discretion of the Board.
- The Award may not be shared between participants.
- The monetary value of the Award may only be accepted via EFT transaction to a bank account nominated by the winner. No cash payments may be made to the winner of the Award.
- The winners of the Award are required to respond to the Board with a brief letter or email of acceptance, together with a suitable profile photo (preferably in school uniform) for publication.
C. General Notice
- The Board of Marco Polo – The Italian School of Sydney is to publish the winners of the Award in one or more press releases and on the school’s website or other media outlet.
- The Board of Marco Polo – The Italian School of Sydney may amend or vary these regulations provided that there is no departure from the main purpose of the Award.
For additional information email: firstname.lastname@example.org.